Sunday, May 13, 2012

Getting CFP Certification - My Approach & Tips

I recently cleared CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Certification. Below explains my approach while preparing for the Certification:

I took Challenge Status Route & attended IMS Pro School Classes in Mumbai over weekends. I studied for about 2 months over weekends before giving the exam. I thoroughly completed Case no. 14 to 24 given on Pro School Website. I Identified the gaps where I was not scoring & prepared comprehensive notes that came very handy. 
I reviewed all Theory Questions given on Pro School Website. I could only attempt one case in real time 4 hour target. I registered 2 Weeks before Exam & took 4 days leave before Exam. 99% Questions were covered in IMS Pro School Syllabus. I thought I did well, but actually did not. But I passed :)
I fell short of time in the Exam. This was very surprising. I was prepared to use Open Office. However, Mumbai Center has Excel :)  
Best of Luck
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice read. I will try to follow this story more.
cfp certification

Unknown said...

Definitely a great post here. We need to move to save our schools and we should really start caring for the young generation. www.greeneconsults.com

Sadhana s said...

Thanks for sharing. Really useful information and it’s great article with good resources. Checkout our Stock Investor website for more latest stock market update.
COVID-19
SUryoday Small Finance Bank
LIC IPO
Indian Banking Sector