Saturday, March 10, 2007

So what I am up to now?

Markets are pretty volatile right now and things don't look very exciting as Inflation continues to be a problem. Externally, all signs point towards a weaker US economy so 2007 will probably not be great like last few years for Indian bourses. However in the short term, largely the direction will come from how government is tackling inflation and how corporates sustain performance. Analyst consensus is for 18/20 % + growth by Indian companies and that's a good sign. Very soon we will have results of Q4-07 coming in and i think that will give some direction to market.

But I see a lot of good value & growth stocks available at attractive levels. Having built my line around my core portfolio, it's time I start look out for more. Need to research MindTree & Idea. My core portfolio consist of Yes Bank, NTPC, Petronet, Reliance and Infosys. Reliance and Infosys are from a substantially long term perspective i.e. 15 years or more. I have been accumulating the others from last 18 months in small quantities & I am going to hold these for anything from 3 to 15 years but they should turn multi baggers for each 3 year or so that I stay invested. I am still learning the art & science of selling stocks. But I am sure I have enough time to learn that :)

I am reducing my investments into mutual funds. I may continue investing in few v good funds but now i am focussing more on direct equity & trying to hone my skills to pick up right stocks. Dedicating time is a huge challenge given the kind of profession that I am into. So i am going slow. Slow and steady !!!

No comments: