Sunday, May 31, 2009

Giveindia

It's been a long time that I have been wanting to donate some part of my income for charity purpose, in the education field. The big problem is how do I ensure that my hard earned money is actually used towards the intended cause? Given my work profile, I have limited flexibility of doing any field research myself. Finally, I came across Giveindia website. Started by Venkat Krishnan who is IIM Ahmedabad Graduate. I learned about Venkat and this website in the book 'Stay Hungry Stay Foolish' by Rashmi Bansal.

They basically provide a donation platform & you can choose from around 200 NGOs that Giveindia has scrutinized for transparency & credibility. They ensure that at least 90% of the contribution reaches to the organization, against 60% average for NGO Sector.

I found this to be extremely helpful.

Regards,
RS

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rohit,

Thank you so much for writing about GiveIndia and the work we do.

A very simple way to help us spread the word is to add the link to the GiveIndia website to your own blog in your "Blogs and Sites I visit often" list.

To stay in touch with all the latest happenings at GiveIndia and in the development world, visit our blog at http://blog.giveindia.org

Cheers,

Amita
GiveIndia

Muskan said...

Above article is really helpful for knowing about giveindia. Thanks for sharing valuable information.Please keep it up.
donate now

donate now said...

About article is very helpful for knowing about Giveindia.Thanks for sharing valuable information. Muskan is also working as education in India.If you want donate or contribute some money for needed people please visit.
donate now