Monday, February 14, 2011

Portfolio Updates

The Direct Equity portfolio at the overall level too now keeps switching back in to Red & Green every other day. The mutual fund investments of course still continue with 40% Gain. There are number of shares available at very tempting valuations though there is a general feeling that 2011 is going to be dull. Given that I have a large investment plan at end of 2011 or early 2012, I am not inclined to add any substantial exposure to direct equity though I will continue with my monthly SIP for Mutual Fund and little bit every month for Direct Equity.

Tata Steel is now down to 595. Not saying that I am happy to have skipped FPO at 610. Would have loved to buy Tata Steel right now but my sense is that valuations would go down still further.

IPO Investments on Punjab & Sindh Bank, Shipping Corp, Power Grid & MOIL are still on. Power Grid and MOIL show a little bit of profit still. P&S Bank & Shipping Corp are in Red. Did not get a chance this time to stick to my principle of selling on listing. I was 'Waiting for the better price' and I keep waiting now :(

Which are the stocks I see at good valuations right now? Well, I don't have access to any good stock filters. Google Finance is my best bet right now. What stocks I have right now, I see below at good levels purely from a valuation perspective. Current PE is given in the bracket.

Aditya Birla Chemicals (4.15)
3I Infotech (3.53)
Micro Tech India Ltd. (2.15)

Some day I would like to build a site that will provide very strong stock filters. It should be able to give lot of freedom to build filters, present various cuts, compare individual & at industry levels. As the Google founders say, a good search engine should be quick able to understand what the user is looking for and provide the same.


Regards, Rohit

No comments: