Sunday, April 03, 2011

Opportunities

I am back after a while. Seems like had gone into a writer's block :) Actually I also got very busy with few certifications that I took up at my workplace.

Stock Indexes are going strong from last few sessions. And couple of recent IPOs have done well too. I chose to stay out of them mainly because of small sizes. I also sense lot of price manipulations in some of the IPOs currently doing 'well'. On Directly Equity, I have seen couple of opportunities but let most of them go. I did buy 3i Infotech and HEG but not much. I would have liked to buy Yes Bank, JBF Industires, LIC Housing, Shriram Finance and few more on my radar.

On the other hand, I see some of my investment not making any movement. So logically, I should shift them to Stocks that are likely to grow faster.

However, I am holding back since I plan massive cash outflows starting end of this year or early next year. Investing in Equity for such a short time frame is certainly not advisable.

Paid my taxes for all Capital gains and included an E&OE margin of 10% on a safer side. It would have been a smart move to book losses on some of the trades I am holding in losses. I missed it but never-mind.

I bought below books recently
  1. Make More Money - Secrets from the Worlds Greatest Finance Classics
  2. The Fresh Brew - Chronicles of Business & Freedom.

Regards, Rohit

No comments: