Monday, August 01, 2011


Here is a link on Money Control showing views of Basant Maheshwari (The Equity Desk) for Page Industries & Hawkins Cooker. I found the views to be interesting especially on Page Industries. I have been holding back from sometime to invest in Page Industries thinking its bit expensive but here is a perspective.

We have invested in L&T Finance IPO though looking at market undertone, I suspect there may not be any listing gain. The quality of IPO looks very good so let's wait.

Recent Outlook Money edition (July 13, 2011) has a good article on zero debt stocks to buy. Argument is that in the rising interest scenario, the stocks with zero debt and good track record are good bets. The below stocks are covered. I would skip FAG bearings and SKF India as I don't think I understand the business. Gujarat Gas Co. is in the business of providing piped Natural Gas & Compact Natural Gas in Gujarat. CRISIL is of course a relatively easy business model to understand. Castrol India is into Automative & Industrial lubricants. I am not sure if I understand Castrol's business. I am not looking for Portfolio expansion so skipping these stocks for now though would have ideally liked to research on Castrol India and CRISIL.
  1. Castrol India
  2. CRISIL
  3. FAG Bearings
  4. Gujarat Gas Co.
  5. SKF India

I continue my little trades. Have recently sold all quantity of Power Finance, Innoventive Industries, Eros International, MOIL, Muthoot, Punjab & Sindh Bank, Shipping Corp. & Tata Steel. Also sold a little bit of LIC Housing Finance & Yes Bank. Hope to buy some of these back at lower levels.

Regards, Rohit

No comments: